CONTACT ME to schedule your photo session!
715-659-4244
rhondashutterbug@gmail.com

Friday, November 9, 2012

OUT TAKES

I read a lot of photography blogs and watch a lot of photography and lighting training videos through the labs I use and other resources.  The last couple of days I read some information about sharing the "out takes" from the photography sessions.  I know they are fun to see and everyone enjoys a good laugh.  However, the article explained that many times potential clients think that everyone's children that are being photographed are well behaved and sit and smile so nicely.  This potential client may hesitate to schedule an appointment because they feel their children would never sit and "perform" like the other children in the photographs.  Any photographer that has had children in their studio knows that this is simply not true.  Children are children!  Occasionally, I get a family that the children will sit and pose and do every thing you ask and perform like they are professional models!  But that is a rarity, at least in my limited experience.   Usually there are so many images taken and so many things going on behind the scenes to get the few images that I post!   If anyone reading this feels this way - please don't think for one minute that I am not up to the challenge of getting your child (ren) in my studio and getting some great images!!!   If they don't sit and smile the way you think they should, we will get shots of them interacting and being themselves!  After all, aren't those some of the best memories we can have of our little ones?   I hope you enjoy some of these "out takes" - these are all unedited, by the way!









2 comments:

  1. Even when they are big kids! That's why I love the picture of the boys laughing and holding Ashley and making her think they will drop her, so typical of a day in our house. Val Breu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, I forgot about those pictures from your session! I will have to do an Out Takes Part 2!!

    ReplyDelete