CONTACT ME to schedule your photo session!
715-659-4244
rhondashutterbug@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lovely Textures

I am just amazed at how one or two little photo editing steps can make a not so great picture really POP!  Here is the photo of Rachel that I like to call "the twirly one".  I know I'm posting a lot of photos of Rachel, but let's face it, she is a good model, is gorgeous, and makes me look like a good photographer!

I love this shot, but the background is kind of off - I mean Cinderella should be in a garden with a pumpkin patch nearby, not in a forest.  What to do to save this shot. . . . . . .  Well, one sleepless night later, I came up with this:


A-ha - TEXTURES!  I got this texture free at Coffeeshop, and am so grateful for their free stuff and tips!  After I put the texture over the photo, I added a sepia action and warmed it up even further with a photo filter.  Of course, I erased the texture off her dress, arms, and face.  Now I think it really pops!  Retro and lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment